Epoxy putty on glass
Epoxy putty is a very versatile material and has numerous uses both professional and domestic:
- Putty for modeling and scenography
- Works as glue
- Can be used to fill surfaces, cavities,andnbsp;fissures and perforations
- To seal objects
- Rebuild broken parts of structures and elements
- Create new parts for structures
- Epoxy putty for tableware
In this article, we will teach you how to work with epoxy putty on glass to make new ones to customize your objects or create new objects.
How to work epoxy putty on glass
When working with epoxy putty, it is advisable to use gloves to facilitate the mixing and application of the adhesive and achieve smoother surfaces.
When working with this type of material, you have to take into account some aspects:
- Gather the materials. It can be very useful to have utensils such as knives, sandpaper or a steel brush, gloves and a damp cloth on hand.
- Safety first and foremost. Wear gloves and wash your hands after applying epoxy putty.
- Prepare the workspace. Make sure surfaces are clean and dry, free of dust, oils, or any other substances. For better adhesion to your part, you can sand the smooth parts or use a steel brush.
- Use of epoxy putty. Each manufacturer has its instructions. In Feroca, we show them step by step in our packaging so that you have them at hand and you can follow them without complications.
- Use of putty for gluing. In this case, we will show you how to glue epoxy putty on glass. What you should do is place the necessary amount of putty between the parts you are going to join and press firmly. If the surfaces are wet or wet, hold the parts to ensure a resistant adhesion.
- Prepare the mixture. For Feroca epoxy putty you have to take equal parts of each component and knead manually until you get a homogeneous mixture of uniform coloration. When using putty as an adhesive, you have to mold a piece of the product using your hands to give it the shape you need. Apply it to the piece and press firmly.
- A good finish. Before drying, gently rub the putty with a damp cloth. Refer to the instructions to find out how long you have to wait to be able to sand, pierce or paint the epoxy putty.
- Final cleaning. Remove putty residue with the help of a blade or spatula before it dries completely.
Step by step of how to decorate on glass with epoxy putty
As we have mentioned before, epoxy putty has many utilities.
Here are just a few of the ideasandnbsp;for what you can create:
- Different types of jewelry.
- Small figures of characters of different themes, such as the immaterial horror beings ofandnbsp;Theandnbsp;Cthulhuandnbsp;Mythos of lovecraft's stories.
- Customize glass items, such as jars, glasses, jugs, etc.
- Covers of notebooks or books.
- Among others.
Now,andnbsp;let's go with an example:
andnbsp;Tableware decoration with epoxy puttyandnbsp;tentacles effectandnbsp;
- First of all, and most importantly, is to clean the surface well. For that we recommend isopropyl alcohol. This is a solvent that cleans any surface very well, leaves no residue and evaporates very quickly. In this case, we also use this type of alcohol to clean tools, smooth or create textures.
- The design with which we will decorate the glass will be in the form of tentacles, as if an octopus were holding it from the bottom.
- To do this, you will have to model the tentacles with your hands, remember to wear latex gloves, and place them on the glass (jug, glass, shot, etc.). It superimposes them in such a way that it looks like an octopus.
- To add the details of the tentacles and that it does not look like grass or roots, you will have to model small circles that will make suction cups and adhere them to the tentacles. Press on each of the circles, with the help of a punch and it will be much more realistic.
- Once it is dry, you can give it a layer of Judean bitumen, to get a more realistic effect and if you want, you can paint it to taste. You can create different elements and you will see how the epoxy putty does not peel off.
Using epoxy putty on glass to restore
Another utility of epoxy putty is its ability to restore any type of glass. First of all, you must follow the steps mentioned above in the article to start working.
With all the material ready, the first thing you should do is sand the entire surface you want to restore. With epoxy putty, you model on the shape you want your object to be repaired, as if you were making a new element.
You can help yourself with any tool to give it the look you want.
When you have the form ready, you apply it on the surface. Try to make sure that the part that is broken or damaged is well covered by this adhesive so that it does not spoil again.
Once it is dry, you can apply a layer of paint as needed and your piece would already be restored.
Make your own creations on glass with epoxy putty
In Feroca you can find the epoxy puttyandnbsp;that will allow you to make professional and impressive projects. You can get an incredible finish thanks to the high quality of our products.
From Feroca we make your project very easy with epoxy putty. Do you dare to try it?